Tuesday, January 7, 2014

C school!!!!!

So i started C school today. Woke up at the normal time, and headed to school. I filled out some paper work, and was getting worried about Petty officer indoc since my other command was doing mon, tues, wed, i wanted to make sure i didnt miss out. So i kept asking about the people who passed the exam, and what they would do with them. I finaly got an answer saying that tuesday the would have a 4 hour indoc for all the new petty officers. Pretty excited about it, and then i would be getting frocked on wednesday with my command. even better. Anyway. People really want night check at c school. its a lot more laid back, and you dont have to stand watch during the week, only the weekends. hours of class are like 3-9 with a 2 hour chow break in the middle, its a walk in the park, like a vacation. I was nervous i might not get nigth check but i kept my hopes up. So right when i got there, i immedaitly sat next to this kid, we started talking, mostly just nonsense stuff, we hoped we both got on night check. seemed pretty cool, and we kept in touch throughout the day. So after we got a couple speeches and lectures, our supervisors told us to drink up for a urinalsys later that day. Low and behold i drank way too much way too quickly and ended up holding it for a whole hour. it was a tough hour, but i ended up being the first to pee in a cup, and then off to our 2 hour lunch break it was!! When i drove back, i ended up stopping at the store and bought some 3rd class petty officer supplies to put on my uniforms, since it was coming up so fast, i thought id be prepared. I get back from lunch, and still got a solid hour before i have to go back to class, so i take a nice 20 minute nap. End up getting to class a little early, so i go see my check in guy, and he ends up telling me im on night check for c school. Everything was working out so well, it was unbelievable. We seperated into our classes, and that same kid i was talking to earlier ended up being in my class as well. Turned out pretty well. We were told (since we were night check) to be back by 315 to start class. So we all met back up, talked for an hour, and then were told to go home. It was awesome. Got a feeling its going to be a wonderful 37 days. I also found out on the day before thanksgiving that our command will be going to key west in february. 85% of the command will be going, so i can only hope ill be on that list. We were orignally going in january, but it got changed into my favor for some reason. i was so happy to hear that!! Anyway, im extremly tired, and i have indoc tomorrow, so ill try to do another blog tomorrow explaining my upcoming promotion, and activities, and christmas, and alls that good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment