Thursday, May 23, 2013

Lemoore, CA- First Reactions

At this point im already appauled at all this freedom i had, i immediatly went out and bought a 12 pack of natti light. mmm so good. If anyone ever decides they want to join the navy, tell them that they will walk a lot, like a lot a lot. Everywhere i have been i have walked for such long periods of time to get to my destinations. I dont mind it really, enjoy the view as i go along- but when my work center ( a hangar) is 6 miles away, it would be nice to have a car.

So friday night hits, and i throw all my stuff down, make my bed, and pass outtttt. like cold. for a good 3 hours. it was amazing. Not even close to being used to the 3 hour time change between NH and here. I thought it was gonna be rough, but naps always make everything better. So i take a 15 minute walk over to the shopping centers where there is a panda express- chinese food. mmm. Got some chinese food too, and a mountain dew. of course. It was a very good meal. Then went back to my barracks, and unpacked all my shtuff.
I still had no agenda whatsoever, so i was just hanging out. Had a nice 3 day weekend, to relax and get my bearings. Saturday and Sunday I just explored all over the base, found the gym, which is like 4 times bigger as the one in florida. It has a cardio center, 2 sets of dumbbells, machines, bball courts, locker rooms, sauna,  steam room, and an indoor and outdoor pool. It was amazing. I think the facilities are so nice here because were in the middle of the desert. I started getting back in to the swing of things, and started gyming everyday. Its just so weird, cuz you walk around everywhere on base, and its literally like a ghost town. no one is ever out, youll see like 1 or 2 people walking too, but thats it. So weird.
Thats when it started to hit me. I better get used to this place, cuz ill be here the rest of my time, unless we get deployed for a couple months at a time. I started to get a feeling of lonliness, and of course questioning what i was doing in the navy. These feelings come over me all the time whenever i start somewhere new. Stranger in a strange world. Thats when i started blogging, so i can look back on this and remember that it really wasnt so bad. Pensacola- had the same feelings like the first week or so. but then you start making friends, everyone has the same things in common, same age, etc. The beginning is always rough, it has my whole life, you just want to retreat and forget everything. But this is the point in which you grow and learn a lot about yourself. It always gets easier. Heck, i even went down to the nearest gas station and bought an arnold palmer one day just to get some interaction with a human being. I knew NO ONE here, it drives you crazy, and you cant always keep your mind off that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment