Thursday, May 23, 2013

West Coast lovin'

After my brief, but amazing time in londonderry, i had to ship off to lemoore, california for my final stay. Papa bear drove me to boston and dropped me off. Everything flowed smoothly, talked to a couple people on the way there. It was like a 6 hour flight to LA, and sometimes i get a little anxious thinking about that stuff, but i just ended up sleeping the whole way there. From LA- which seemed scary, we walked on the runway to a small, small jet to bring us to fresno. Sat next to a pilot, and we chatted about a lot of things, it was nice.
Lots of people ask where it is exactly. I just learned this too, right smack dab in the middle of nowhere. Straight up desert- but the good thing is that 2 hours in every direction you got like beach, skiing, forests, and LA. So ill be making some trips around cali when i get my jeep out here.
But yeah, from fresno i got alls my shtuff and grabbed a taxi outta there. It was a friday, and the whole command had it off for some reason, so there was limited people on duty. I got to the front gate and had to call someone from the inside to come get me, in which they did. I checked in, but it wasnt a full check in. Only got my room assignment which is amazing. Only one roommate, desk, dresser, WALK IN closet, and a full bath... tehe. Oh yeah, we got to control the air conditioning that was coming into our room too, which is awesome.
Cuz it fluctuates between like 70 and 100 here everyday... But once I got here, i learned all the rules from my roommate Arce. It was jaw dropping to learn what we could do. It was more or less what we cant do, which is like nothing. We can have beer in our room, only one room inspection a week, and only one command PT a week too. These were most of the rules that changed since A school. We could come and go as we please, whenever we pleased, as long as we made it to work on time. It was amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment